Carpet is a popular flooring material in many homes, businesses, and other commercial applications. However, carpet is not without its disadvantages. Epoxy flooring has a proud history of use in many of these areas with greater performance than carpet. Read on to see what makes epoxy flooring the superior flooring choice.
Disadvantages of Carpet
Carpeting is by no means a poor flooring material, but there are many characteristics that make it less suited for certain applications than epoxy.
- Carpet has a tendency to stain easily. Even with today’s technology, carpet can retain particles and become permanently discolored or require in-depth cleaning to bring it back to its original state.
- Carpet fades over time. While there are many protective measures available today that guard against ultraviolet radiation, the sun still takes its toll upon carpeting near windows and glass entryways. Areas with heavy traffic will also become discolored either through ground-in soil or natural wearing of carpet fibers.
- Carpet is high-maintenance. In order to maintain its appearance and reduce odors, carpet requires thorough care on a regular basis. Often, several different types of cleaners and machines are needed to keep carpet clean.
Advantages of Epoxy Flooring
In contrast to carpeting, epoxy flooring’s benefits make it the best choice for the following reasons:
- Epoxy flooring does not stain. When properly sealed, an epoxy floor resists spills from everyday accidents and even harsh chemicals. Because an epoxy floor is non-porous, it makes cleaning up spills a breeze.
- Epoxy floors are available in any shade or color, as well as in many textures that stand up to years of use. Unlike carpeting, epoxy flooring enjoys a much greater resistance to UV light as well as heavy traffic.
- One of the reasons epoxy flooring is so popular is its low-maintenance nature. An epoxy-coated floor is easily cleaned and retains it high gloss even in the busiest and most demanding environments.
Epoxy flooring is the best flooring material for countless applications, and REDRHINO: The Epoxy Flooring Company is the premier epoxy flooring company in the nation. To explore the advantages of epoxy flooring for yourself contact REDRHINO at (800) 806-5508 or visit our website to view examples of epoxy flooring applications.